» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Birth story!

Go down

Birth story!

Post  rockycat on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 am

The birth of my DS wasn't so great, and I think I had a touch of PTSD after it, so I'll gloss over that one and move on to DD!

Thought I might have felt a first contraction at about 6pm. Felt them now and then as the evening progressed, but was sure it was a false alarm. DH kept saying we should take DS to a friend's house just in case, so at 9.30pm I agreed to have a bath and if they didn't ease off I'd let him take him. They didn't ease off, although still weren't too bad, so DH took DS, with me phoning my friend to tell her that I was sure he was over-reacting.

Got out the bath and used the TENS and sat on yoga ball. DH arrived home at midnight, and I phoned my mum to tell her that something might be happening but not to get too excited. She thought it was nothing, as I was chatting away quite happily.

At 1.30am I was suddenly in agony so phoned the hospital. Got there at 2.15am to be told I was fully dilated, and the only thing stopping the baby from arriving was the waters being in tact (totally different to DS, where the first thing that happened was that my waters broke). They broke my waters and DS was out at 3.05am. I think DH and I were in shock! He'd come prepared to settle for the night, and was worrying about going and getting a parking ticket until the midwife told him he shouldn't go anywhere unless he wanted to miss the birth!

Unfortunately it went downhill from there as I had a retained placenta lobe, and bled so much over the next 24 hours that I ended up needing a blood transfusion. Had similar problems with DS.

Overall, after my first traumatic experience I was so grateful to have had this birth experience. So anyone who had a bad time of it the first time around, don't presume the worst for your next!
rockycat

Back to top Go down

Re: Birth story!

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am

Thank you very much for sharing that Rockycat. I hope it helps someone who may have had a traumatic birth.
Admin
Admin

http://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down