Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Cost of a baby by 1 year.

3 posters

Go down

Cost of a baby by 1 year. Empty Cost of a baby by 1 year.

Post  Admin Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16075882

18k. I'm quite suprised at that. I spent a small fraction of that. I did get a lot of hand me downs mind you, such as moses basket, pram, clothes and baby bouncer. But I wouldn't have spent more than about £500 on all that, maybe even less cos I'm tight, lol. Childcare will be the biggest cost by the time my baby is 1 if I have to go back to work, at about 5k, 40% of that would be paid by tax credits (if I'm lucky) so I don't know if it includes what is spent by benefits, but even if it is, I wouldn't have spent anywhere near even 10k.
Do you think that is about what you spent? Assuming for the first baby of course as you would already have lots of stuff for other babies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cost of a baby by 1 year. Empty Re: Cost of a baby by 1 year.

Post  Emma Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:16 am

No way!! I don't even have to add it up to know it wouldn't cost that much.

Breast milk is free and I spend very little on nappies.
Cot, moses basket, play gym, changing mat, baby bath etc... was all given.
Pushchair and car seat were off eBay and bouncy chair was about £30 from Mothercare. Had loads of clothes given - new and hand downs.
Like you say, childcare will be biggest expenditure when I go back to work. I don't know where they get these ridiculous ideas from, there must be some very spoilt babies!
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 am

Yeah I would say a lot less than that as as soon as people know you are going to have a baby they keep buying you stuff I got the travel system pram, crib, cot bed, rocker for free. His clothes I bought only a few items, his drawers are full and most of the stuff were presents and they are still coming, I am now asking for bigger sizes 12-18 months, I have more bibs than I know what to do of. I was also given second hand clothes, bed linen. I was given vouchers for Boots and Mother care from my office. People also buy him a lot of toys and I was given books. The reusable nappies were a gift too. What I bought were bottles, a stereliser, a breast pump, a bouncing chair, a few super cool clothes, a few books and toys, some disposable nappies, coton wool and sudocream, a few bits and bobs as dummies and teething stuff . It was more expensive to buy me a few nursing tops and bras I guess. It is still the begining as he is only 3 months but he doesn't need food, clothes, nappies or wipes.
I guess you make your baby expensive buying whatever, at the end of the day he/she doesn't care what you buy as long as you give love and booby.
fleurthefrenchgirl
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

Exactly! Babies aren't materialistic. As long as they have food, warmth and lots of love they're happy!
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down