by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Hello there

Go down

Hello there

Post  laura_p on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi,
Im Laura, Im new to the forum, and am currently breastfeeding a 3 month old.
laura_p

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello there

Post  Admin on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Hello Laura and welcome to the forum. How's the feeding going?
Admin
Admin

http://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi, I'm Emma. I am breastfeeding my baby girl who is 16 weeks old today. I've also been doing training to become a breastfeeding peer supporter, which has been very interesting and useful. Hope to see more people on this site soon! x
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Me too Emma. It will be very lonely if it is just us 3. Laughing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  laura_p on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:33 am

Emma, congrats on becoming a BF peer supporter!!
Any advice on how to get Logan back onto his bottles? He was fine with them, but I didnt use them regularly as OH and I wanted to BF as much as possible. Now, Ive tried to give him a bottle, but he just point blank refuses. Its getting extremely frustrating as he starts nursery soon. And I cant even leave him with his grandparents for the evening for a night off.
laura_p

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 am

Lucinda is exactly the same with bottles. She'd have a bottle fine but has now completely gone off them. She probably didn't have one for about 3 or 4 weeks, then last week I started trying to give her one again and she just doesn't want to know. She can be starving hungry but won't feed until I offer my boob. She won't have the bottle for DH either. Maybe it's just temporary and she might take it again soon but maybe not! I've just bought a sippy cup today. It says it's from 4 months so I'll see if she gets on with that. I know a baby the same age as ours who's had a cup since atleast 7 weeks old with no problems. But Lucinda has a little friend who won't have a bottle or a cup at all. Her mum is doing a training course one day a week and her dad has had to resort to baby rice while she's out and takes her to meet her at lunchtime for a feed.
The peer supporter training hasn't offered any advice on this problem because basically they do not advise giving breastfed babies a bottle! But they have to have their milk somehow when you're not around to give it. I'm really hoping Lu will take to the cup because I'm desperate for my hair cutting and want to leave her with my mum. Will probably try it out tomorrow when I've had time to sterilise it and let you know how I get on.
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:46 am

Emma, I've got one of those cups from 4 months. I've tried it on Carla once and she's so much more tolerant of it than bottles. It will take bit of practice but she drinks from it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  queen caggy on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 am

hi you all know me from RK and FB.

Mum to 3 boys 6yrs 4 yrs and 7 months.

Fully breastfeeding mummy til solids needed then i let baby self wean when he is ready. current record 2yrs 6 months feeding MS.

Peer supporter and i run a support group Bosom Buddies in real life.
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigby on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:03 am

Hello there

I know a few of you from RK and Emma kindly invited me to join your group for breastfeeding mums. My name is Tracy and I am currently breastfeeding my first daughter Isabella (Bella) who is now just over 10 weeks old.

After an emergency C-section, Bella luckily took to breastfeeding straight away, however after a couple of weeks I started getting blocked milk ducts which led to mastitis. I was so close to giving up but luckily with support from my local little Angels group and my health visitor turned a corner at 6 weeks and now we are breast feeding fine.

I don't seem to be able to post very often at the moment (Bella has a very busy social calendar already!!!!) but hopefully will post as often as possible and although I'm not very experienced at this hope I can give advice when I can.

Tracy & Bella
Very Happy
Trigby

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigby on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:05 am

After reading your comments about your babies taking a bottle. It was recommended to me to purchase a Medela Special Needs bottle (although these aren't cheap). They have a valve in the bottle which makes your baby have to work for the milk in the same way they have to with the breast. Bella has been fine at doing both (although she is a greedy little madam so maybe that helps). Hope this helps.

xxx
Trigby

Back to top Go down

Post  rockycat on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:04 am

Hello all, and thanks for having me!

I'm currently breast feeding my 6 week old, and loving it. I fed my son until he was 5 months old, but topped up with formula before then and he naturally weaned himself off me. I'd like to keep going for longer this time, and so far so good.

I've been very lucky with both my children, as they latched on easily as soon as they were born and we never looked back. The thing I find difficult is the comments I get from some family members about how frequently I'm feeding. Unfortunately my mum chose to bottle feed, and although she tries to be supportive of me she thinks it would be a lot easier if I used formula. I've taken to secretly feeding when they're around LOL!

xx
rockycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Welcome to the forum Trigby and Rockycat.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:15 pm

I've heard of the cups with the valves in the teat before, Tracy, but have never seen one to buy. I tried the one I got with Lucinda today and it wasn't too bad. A lot went down her chin but I think once she gets the knack of swallowing it as it's coming out it'll be alright. It just has one small hole in the teat but it tends to run out. It is a rubber teat so it would come out quicker if she tried to suck I think and if she sucked maybe it would be easier for her to time her swallowing better. But we'll see. I'll try again tomorrow. And it'll most probably get better with age as her swallowing reflex will still be developing.
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  laura_p on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Tracey and RC. Good to see you!!
laura_p

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigby on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:57 am

Hi Emma

Please see link below where I got my bottle from

Hope it helps. http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=531&secid=64

Hi Laura, hope you and Logan are well. Hi Rockycat.

xxx

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the link)
Trigby

Back to top Go down

Post  rockycat on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks for the welcome! It's like a home from home!
rockycat

Back to top Go down

Post  jillsherb on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am

Why not try letting someone else give the bottle i had problems with my little man but would all ways take from my husband out of a bottle tommee tippee do bottles with valves too i bought them by accident even though i've breast fed i can't get him interested in anything other than milk won't have water or juice so still just feeding my milk but will eat any type of food so is it he not ready for other things than millk he his six month on sun any ideas ladies. Very Happy

jillsherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum