Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

i will start this off then.

5 posters

Go down

i will start this off then. Empty i will start this off then.

Post  queen caggy Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Im a co sleeper and im PROUD!

LOL

Ok well its part time co sleeping now he is bigger but about half the night he is in with us.

I must say i miss him when he not snuggled up with me, he is so warm and smells nice.

This is only a short period in his life when he will want to do this.

My only regret is MS used to like to sleep with me at times-only on odd times but i never said NO. Now i have to say NO and i hate that.
queen caggy
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

i will start this off then. Empty Re: i will start this off then.

Post  Emma Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:09 am

I'm having to put Lucinda in with me quite a bit at the moment because she is so restless at night. For about the last six weeks she has been waking atleast twice a night, usually three or four, the night before last was five times and last night was every hour until I put her in with me at 3.15am when she then slept for two and a half hours. I then fed her and tried putting her back in her moses basket but she wouldn't settle again so went back in with me. But I struggle to sleep myself if she's in bed. I have to lay on my side and it gets really uncomfortable. Lucinda has to go on the edge (although I leave a good few inches so she doesn't fall out!) because I can't put her between me and DH or DH would probably squash her or whack her with a stray arm. So she's on one side, I'm in the middle on my side with my arm around her and DH is at the other side - either squashing me or wingeing that he's nearly falling out of bed. I would love for her to be able to sleep with me more because it is nice to be able to snuggle up together, but short of either getting a bigger bed or rid of the husband it just tires me out!
Have you got any ideas how I can make it work? Or, indeed, any ideas on why she has started waking up because she used to be so good? I am in the process of getting her nursery tidied up so she can try sleeping in her big cot to see if that's any better. Because I am sooo tired! How these women cope who's babies always want feeding four times a night I don't know. I'd be a complete zombie by now!
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  queen caggy Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:23 am

LOL i was one of those ladies whose babies fed all night!

We coped in several ways,
1 DH slept on the sofabed in lounge for a while,
2 i always kept my arm between DH and baby so it was my arm he would squash first BUT TBH he never has done yet, somehow naturally your aware of the baby's presence.
3-i got rid of the crib and put the cot in out room next to my bed (it was a tight fit) and that seemed to help as he enjoys the space more. In fact if i pop him in the crib even for 5 mins (its in his room) to wash hands after a nappy change etc he screams immediately.

Not sure if any of these ideas will work for you. Also do you use a baby sleeping bag as they IMO are fab, keep baby warm and help them to feel secure etc.
queen caggy
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 am

Hmmm! DH has tried sleeping downstairs but complains he gets even less sleep cos the sofa bed is so uncomfy! No room for cot in our room either unfortunately, unless I'm not bothered about being able to open any drawers! As far as I can tell, maybe it is only coincidence, but all this waking up started when I stopped swaddling her at two and a half months because she kicked her way out of the sheet. But that is supposed to be the signal you go by that they are fed up of being swaddled and being restricted, isn't it? I've still been sort of wrapping her up, but not so snuggly. I put a blanket across the bottom half of her basket, laid her on top and wrapped each side over her. That was quite a good idea (I thought!) because it stopped her kicking the blanket off. Last night was the first night in a sleeping bag because it looked a bit big until very recently. So I suppose it'll probably take a bit of trial and error to find a way to get her to sleep better. Don't know what I'm gonna try if the cot doesn't work though!
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  queen caggy Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 am

i have used a thin sheet tucked in over the sleeping bag to trick him into thinking he is more secure, then i could stop using it.
also i place him on his tummy (cos if he sleeps up next to me he is pressing his tummy into me-as he is when feeding). but he could roll over and had head control. So whether you try it is up to you, id not recommend anyone going against the feet to foot, sleep on back guidelines.
queen caggy
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylansmum Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi
We're co sleepers too and proud!! Just about to go part time as I think he's getting to the stage where he needs his own space...

Our bed is against the wall and my partner sleeps that side as he can squeeze a little bit more room out of it.
When Dylan got a little bit older he used to sleep in my arms
When he was small I would put a rolled up blanket near him so that partner wouldnt squash him as well as my arm around him a little.
We've not really had any problems with him nearly squashing him - I agree with queen caggy that I think he was naturally aware of babes presence.
As he was so windy he would only settle on his side therefore leaving a tiny bit more room.

She might also be going through a growth spurt - breastfed babies tend to go through them alot apparently in the beginning.

Hope you get some more sleep - we didn't use a sleeping bag however I heard a tip that in the summer months or just in general put them in a long sleeve vest so that her arms don't get cold.

Dylansmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 pm

I thought it might be a growth spurt for the first couple of weeks but it's been six or seven weeks now! Think I'll be trying her in her cot tomorrow night.
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:13 pm

I do love the idea of co-sleeping. I don't do it myself, it would worry me a bit and I'm quite a deep sleeper, also I end up in strange positions all over the bed so that would worry me, although in reality I know how aware you are of baby, I often wake up to her if she's just breathing heavily, you definitely have a built in baby radar if you see what I mean. She's quite happy in her cot though so I'm happy to leave it as it is.
A lot of mums i know at the baby group I go to have said they sometimes co-sleep as it's the only way they can get baby to sleep, and they feel really guilty about it. I find that really sad, because just like breastfeeding it's the most natural thing in the world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Oh yeah, i forgot to say, there have been times when I've fallen asleep feeding her. I am aware of her so much I wonder if I actually have fallen asleep, until I look at the time and it's a few hours later, and know I definitely did, lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:47 pm

When I'm feeding Lu in the night, I lock my fingers together around her so if I fall asleep she won't go anywhere. I quite often do fall asleep!
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylansmum Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:52 pm

I find it really difficult to feed laying down so I have to sit up and am wake most of the time - even though I have woken up sitting up with him and know i must have been there a while even though I don't actually remember getting up to feed him - that was a scary moment lol

Dylansmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 pm

LOL. Lucinda doesn't like feeding laying down either. I recline on three or four pillows.
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 am

I was always told not to fall asleep with the baby in the bed or in my arms so I never did. If I take Reuben in the bed then it's during the day or in the morning when I know I am not going to fall asleep. When I feed him at night I sit up and tell myself stories so as not to fall asleep (is he enjoying the milk? what is he dreaming about? or what sports is he going to like?...) I use to feed him lying down when I was in hospital but I think that is how I got sore and cracked nipples. I enjoy lying next to him from times to times and watch him sleep he is so peaceful at times.
fleurthefrenchgirl
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum