by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

A french girl in Scotland

Go down

A french girl in Scotland

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl on Fri May 01, 2009 4:22 am

Hi,

I moved from France to Scotland nearly 3 years ago for work and I met a lovely Scotish guy. I have a baby now Reuben 12 weeks old and I am happier than ever. I had my ups and downs with breastfeeding but managed to hold on and my baby is strong and healthy. I am happy I chose to breastfeed although I've never breastfed in public yet and still try to find the courage to do it. I am not a Breastfeeding Nazi and I understand why some people don't do it because I had so much trouble. On the other side I wish people gave it a try before saying no especially at the begining as collostrum is so precious and important for wee babies.
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Re: A french girl in Scotland

Post  Emma on Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am

Bonjour Fleur. Bienvenue a Milky Mums.
Just thought I'd make you feel welcome! I love France (& Scotland - LOL!)

So pleased to hear of your breastfeeding success. You've definitely found the right place for BF info, advice and just chatting in general. x
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl on Sat May 02, 2009 4:19 am

Hi Emma,

I am delighted I found this website. I actually heard about it through facebook when signing a petition against Facebook closing accounts onto which breastfeeding pictures were posted saying it was against the rules as they were considered obscene.
I feel a bit different from you guys as I am not a breastfeeding totalitarian, I do understand people using formula due to my history with bf. Hope you won't hate me for that.
By the way what is the booby group?
fleurthefrenchgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 am

Breastfeeding pictures obscene????? Can you put my name down on that petition aswell?! (I don't have a facebook account). Stuff like that makes me really angry! How can the most natural thing in the world be obscene? That's what breasts are for!

I'm not against bottle feeding. I just never considered it for my baby. I understand why some people prefer it or feel that they have to use formula. But I also think it's a shame that people who do want to breast feed but have early problems aren't given the correct help or information and end up giving a bottle when it's not necessary. It makes a lot of new mums feel a bit of a failure, when with the right guidance they could have continued breastfeeding.
I know a few people who have given up after just a few days and have been very upset about it because they really wanted to breastfeed. But the help just wasn't there for them. Now I've done my peer supporter training, and with the aid of this website, I hope to be able to help people like that. There are a lot of myths surrounding breastfeeding. The truth is that almost any mother and any baby can breastfeed successfully. There are very few (medical) reasons why they can't. The help and information just needs to be there for them.

I'm glad you found us!

Booby Group is a local breastfeeding group that some of us go to, in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. I gave some of the other mums this website address.
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl on Sat May 02, 2009 1:57 pm

I was lucky enough to have wonderfull midwives and a breastfeeding counsellor who helped me through the hard times also my partner kept telling me how proud he was and he believed in me and told me I was stronger than that and he knew I would not give up so easily. I am glad he was there. I am so happy to be breastfeeding, I have so much milk Reuben loves it and I am also donating some of it to help other babies.
fleurthefrenchgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down