by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

What type of cloth nappies do you use?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: What type of cloth nappies do you use?

Post  queen caggy on Wed May 06, 2009 5:40 am

interesting you dont think cloth works overnight. I had the opposite experience. When he was still in dispos (til 3wks old and then again for 1week when we was in hospital when he was 6wks old) i had to do 3 night changes.

Where as with Motherease One size we go 12 hrs overnight unless pooey.

The way we do it is fold up an old flannel into the nappy cover with fleece liner, then fasten the nappy. On the outside place a Motherease booster then put on the wrap.

We found the boosters to be too bulky for our lil boy cos he is on the dinky side but a mate suggested we use a flannel instead as they are thinner (and cheaper) and to pop the booster on the outside if needed.

It works a treat and no leaks!

The fleece keeps baby dry so no worries with nappy rash etc. In fact i recently tried the paper liners over the fleece to help encourage DH to sluice out poo but he got a rash back so i stopped using them. So my fleece consists of an old cut up fleece baby blanket that we got from Oxfam!

I didnt use cloth with my elder 2 and wish i had, but for nights we used the expensive branded ones that say they are stay dry and i have to say they didnt always work and sometimes we did 1 change at silly oclock.

Baby gets ready for bed on average at 7pm and we change him for the day at 7am-tho sometimes it may be longer and is still happy in the one nappy.

One the cloth nappy front, those who know me on FB will see i am now inlove with a new nappy covering (the wraps not the nappy as i dont like pocket nappies).

If you want the info i can pop it on here if you like.

XX Caroline
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire on Wed May 06, 2009 6:00 am

I'd love to know what the new nappy covering is Caroline. Doing a lot of research at the moment into different materials and designs etc so would be very useful.

Also what's FB?

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Wed May 06, 2009 6:22 am

Think FB is short for Facebook?? Don't do that Book Face thing myself tho'!
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire on Wed May 06, 2009 6:32 am

You're probably right Emma............ I can be a bit slow sometimes! I don't use Facebook either, or Myspace or Twitter or any of those sorts of sites. I'm a bit behind the times!

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post  queen caggy on Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am

sorry i forgot not everyone would know what FB is, im hooked i have to say, i find it most useful for keeping in touch with the many people i know all around the world. And i play scrabble when time allows.

Anyway here is the link to the lovely stroke-able wraps i adore you get full nappies too-they are pocket nappies which i dont like plus i have stacks of MEOS so i dont need new nappies just the wraps.

http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/products/Diaper_Covers/mincover?PHPSESSID=9bb145c36f9fc9e5ac78310bacf15f7c

my supplier is greenjelly http://www.jellyonthenet.co.uk/index.html whom are local to me.
queen caggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2