» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Nursing Beads

Go down

Nursing Beads

Post  Mummy_05 on Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Has anyone used these? I personally havent but a friend of mine has.. there a pretty good idea to keep track of what side u need to feed on and to keep the child being fed amused.
Mummy_05

Back to top Go down

Re: Nursing Beads

Post  Emma on Wed May 06, 2009 12:52 am

I've just googled them because I've never heard of them before. I've heard of people putting a sticker on the boob to use next though! Anyway, google search resulted in me finding some lovely long bead necklaces that baby is supposed to like playing with while feeding and some bracelets that you put on the wrist of the side you need to feed from next. Yeah, I might get some because I hardly wear my normal beads now because I'm worried about Lu breaking them if she pulls them.
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl on Wed May 06, 2009 1:15 am

Hi Emma,
I've seen them on ebay and amazon. I got a nursing band instead of the beads. It's a rubber band with left written on one side and left on the other and there are two columns of numbers one for hours and one for minutes. There is a hole under each number and the bracelet comes with little beads. How it works: you turn the bracelet on the side you last fed your baby (left/right) and you put the beads in the holes to mark at what time you fed your baby. You can also use it to monitor how long the feed last or how often she feeds in a day. It was great at the beginnig but now I don't keep track of Reuben's feeds so much and wish I had a trendier bracelet. Let us know what you think if you buy one.
Also I had to stop wearing my lovely Tiphany's neckless my fiancee ofered me and that I love becaus Reuben kept grabbing and pulling it and I was too scared he was going to break it and now he keeps scratching me so yeah I would consider one of those necklesses.
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire on Wed May 06, 2009 2:45 am

I just have a normal bracelet I use for this, nothing fancy, just something I already had and liked. It's elasticated so it's easy to swap from one wrist to another. I'd be lost without it!!

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma on Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 pm

I usually just feel my boobs to see which feels fullest!
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl on Wed May 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Yes Emma that's what I do now because sometimes reuben feeds more on the second boob so I have to give him his feed the same way the next time round. Here is the link to it if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Milk-Bands-Nursing-Reminder-Bracelet/dp/B000VT7M4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1241643465&sr=8-1
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Post  Mummy_05 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 pm

thats what i do 2 feed on the fullest first
Mummy_05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down