Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

She slept through the night!

4 posters

Go down

She slept through the night! Empty She slept through the night!

Post  Cuckoo Wed May 06, 2009 6:20 am

Was not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Just wanted to say (cross fingers that I don't jinx this) that baby Eliza had a lovely Johnsons lotion massage last night about 7 ish and I put her to sleep, all swaddled up at 8:30 as I wanted to get an early night too.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the clock when she woke up. 03:45!! And my alarm goes off at half 5 so I was best pleased. She just looked so happy to see me and I could not stop kissing and hugging her. I love my lamb so much!! Gonna give he another massage tonight before I sit and relax for The Apprentice!

Just wanted to share.
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

She slept through the night! Empty Re: She slept through the night!

Post  Emma Wed May 06, 2009 6:25 am

Wish Lu would learn to sleep through the night again! Swaddling really does work. It's since I stopped swaddling her at 2 1/2 months that she's started waking a lot. Unfortunately she's just to big and wriggly now, she started kicking her way out almost instantly so I had to stop.

Hope Eliza keeps it up! x
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 am

Great! I hope she will stay like that. Things are much easier when you sleep well.
I can't use those products on Reuben because he has eczema but I am quite lucky it's been a month now he either wakes up once or twice. Usually in bed at 10.30/11pm he wakes up at 3/3.30am and then at 6/6.30 and then our day starts usually around 8/8.30 or only once at 4.30/5am and our day starts at 8.30/9 am. do you think this is sleeping through the night?
He seems to wake up only once when he has a bath before bed. But I bathe him only twice a week because of his eczema. He doesn't like masages except foot masages.
Reuben you're such a good baby!
fleurthefrenchgirl
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm

LOL - If Lucinda wakes up at 10.30pm or 6.30am I class it as waking in the night! She goes to bed at about 8pm and wakes up properly at about 8.30am. She's waking an awful lot lately. Seven times the other night and six last night. I've tried all sorts of things to try and stop her waking so often. She was so good until she was 2 1/2 months old. She'd go to sleep at about 9pm, wake for a feed at about 4am and then sleep through until about 7.30am. But for the last couple of months has gradually added more feeds and sometimes also wakes but doesn't want a feed. She's been sleeping in her own room in her cot to see if that helps, but so far hasn't. For example, last night she was asleep in her cot at 8pm, woke at 11.05pm (however I did hear a car door slamming so it could have had something to do with that) she settled without a feed but 10 minutes later woke again and did need a feed. She then woke about half an hour later but again didn't need a feed. She then settled down and slept until 2am, then woke and had a feed and went back to sleep until 4am. I was sleeping in her room on the futon so I then laid her with me and she went back to sleep without a feed, but then woke again about half an hour later for a feed, then fell back to sleep until 7am. That is a typical night at the moment, although she'll often go back to sleep then until 8.30 - 9am, but didn't today. I start off the night sleeping in my room but end up in hers by about 3 or 4am because I get so fed up of wandering around the house in the middle of the night! Last night I also made her cot comfier (I think cot mattresses feel very hard!) by folding a sleeping bag in half and putting a fleece blanket over it and putting another folded blanket under the head end so she wasn't laid so flat. It feels lovely and soft and cosy now, but hasn't helped her sleeping. I've also experimented with different temperatures, by having the heater on in her room sometimes to see if she sleeps better when she's warm or when she's cooler. Think warm has the edge - but not much! Any idea what else I can try??
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

I've just read through the other posts again and notice that a bath before bed might help. She usually has her baths on a morning so that's something to try. Massages don't help. I've been giving her massages when I do her bedtime nappy change. Well, they seem to help her poo, but not sleep!
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl Wed May 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Yeah I've noticed that it really helped for Reuben at the begining because he was crying a lot and that tired him a lot now because it is relaxing. Also I wanted to add it is normal Reuben doesn't sleep through the night yet he is only 3 months old. But he will get there. Tonight he is a bit restless, eczema, tummy pain, teething pain and immunisation all that in such a small body no wonder why he doesn't settle. Sad
fleurthefrenchgirl
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down

She slept through the night! Empty Sleeping

Post  jillsherb Thu May 07, 2009 12:26 am

Jake goes through fases where he up eight or nine times a night i'm sure it's his teeth routine no different but he only sleeps 8pm till 5-6am so how do i get him to sleep longer or then once i've got up generally goes back to sleep once we get up so why won't he go till about eight Very Happy

jillsherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum