Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Routines/patterns

3 posters

Go down

Routines/patterns Empty Routines/patterns

Post  rockycat Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 am

Hi All

We're not trying to run by any routine or anything, but I'm trying to see if DD is in any sort of pattern re: feeding and sleeping, and she does seem to have, vaguely at least. I just wondered if any of you are following routines, what do you do if you've had a bad night? Do you compensate by adding on sleep time in the day, or just grin and bear it and stick to the set routine? I'm asking because we had a rough night last night and I'm wondering if DD should have made up for her sleep today, or if that would make things worse.

Thanks.
rockycat
rockycat

Back to top Go down

Routines/patterns Empty Re: Routines/patterns

Post  Admin Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 am

I'm not sure really, there's definitely a routine for night time. After Ed has gone to bed I will bath her then put her is her pyjamas and feed her in bed then put her down, which is about 8 - 8.30 by the time I've finishes. But I'm not strict with it, e.g. sometimes I might put her down a 9 - 9.30. As for the day time, I just take it as it comes. If we've had a bad night, I may go back to bed for a bit when ED is at school or DH is at home, but I only usually get half hour bursts during the day as she'll start crying for me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 am

Lu has set her own routine during the day. It usually follows the pattern of a 30 minute nap sometime between 9am and 10.30am, depending on what time she woke up. Then she'll wake, have a feed, nappy change & play, then maybe another quick feed before going back down for another nap, which can last anywhere between about 45mins and 2 hours. Then she'll wake again, feed, nappy change & play again before having another sleep, which if we're not going out anywhere can sometimes be quite a long sleep of up to 3 hours. If we go out she'll nap at some point and usually has a bit of a sleep when we get home. Then if she sleeps until around 6pm ish she'll have a feed, play, nappy change and pyjamas before going to bed at 8pm. She can't last longer than an hour and a half during the day before she's tired again and I always make sure she has a sleep, even if she's fighting it, or she's really grumpy! She hasn't had too many bad nights and up until the last few weeks was only waking once for a feed, although recently she has been waking two or three times. Only for quick feeds though so isn't really losing any sleep. But if she has had a bad night it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on her daytime behaviour. I just make sure she sleeps if she's tired.
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum