Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

My 5 birth stories

2 posters

Go down

My 5 birth stories Empty My 5 birth stories

Post  Mummy_05 Tue May 05, 2009 12:20 am

Okay this is only going to be short..

I started having painless contractions with Blade the day before I had him and though nothing of them I get bad bh pains so thought that was it, about 11pm that night I started getting contractions that still werent regular but they hurt, about 2-3 hrs later my waters broke in the bath, and then we went to the hospital and i was 9cm dilated, he was born at around 5.30amish, weighed 8lb 10 oz (2hrs established labour)

Harrison- I was getting painless contractions rang the hospital told them that i was getting them and they told me to come in and they would induce me because i was overdue and my haemoglibin (sp) was really low and they needed to give a me a drip to control the bleeding after i had him. i had my waters broken and the picton drip put in (YUCK) he was born 2hrs later weghing 8lb 8 oz at around 8.30pmish

Maddison- same as the boys but my waters broke in the toilet and it was all at once grrr, we both went into shock when she was born, she came out of the birth canal to quick and wasnt breathing, but she soon got over that.. she was 2hrs later as well weighed 6lb 5oz at 11.30pmish.

Joaquin- My waters broke 4 weeks early with, and had a nice long day in the hospital cause i didnt go into labour but had to stay till i went into labour, went in to labour that evening at around 6pmish by 7pmish I was in the delivery suit were we being monitored when they noticed his heart rate was jumping all over the place from 140bpm to 180bpm so they decided to do a emergency c-section, I had a virus in the waters that can cause death to the baby and mother. he was born ,at 9.30pmish weghing 6lbish, and yep once again around 2hrs from when i got to the delivery suit.

Leon- Leons birth was induced, I was manaully dilated with a saline balloon put into my cervix (most painfull and agonising thing ever) the night before, at around 8amish i was taken from the ward to the delivery suit and had my waters broken, 2hrs later i had the picton drip put in and had it turned up 3 times every 2hrs or so my body just didnt want to go into labour but when I did once again it was 2hrs lol, he weighed 7lb 15.5 oz he was born at around 2pmish, I am so proud of his labour as it was a vbac.
Mummy_05
Mummy_05

Back to top Go down

My 5 birth stories Empty Re: My 5 birth stories

Post  fleurthefrenchgirl Tue May 05, 2009 2:36 am

Congrats! I don't know how you managed to go through 5 pregnancies and deliveries.
I've had my first baby Reuben 13 weeks ago and here is what happened:

He was 5 days late. Suddenly, at 10 pm on Friday January 30th, my waters broke all at once while I was snuggling on the sofa with my fiance watching "How to lose friends and alienate people" I was covered in the stuff so decided to have a shower and my contractions started right away. I went to hospital where they checked i my waters did broke and I was only 2cm dilated so they sent me back home. A couple of hours later the contractions got a lot stronger and we headed back to the hospital.

When we came back to the hospital they gave me gas and air so I could relax but to be honest I don't think it did much because I was in a lot of pain. I asked for an epidural but the midwife refused sayin that I needed to turn the baby round by moving as he was facing the wrong way. She made me have a bath but it did not do much and after nearly drowning several times I asked for the epidural again.

They finally gve it to me and it worked only on one side so I could still feel the pain. We tried a natural birth at this point but pushing wasn't doing anything the baby was stuck. They had to pass solution in my veins as I was becoming dangerously hot and Reuben's heartbeat was becoming dangerously slow with every contraction and was not coming back up quickly enough.

Then they found out the baby pooed in the amniotic liquid and this could cause an infection. They made me sign papers very very quicly and gave me some kind of morphine, tried to turn the baby round with forceps and as it was not working decided on an emergency c-section.

On Saturday January 31st, 4.54pm and after 19 hours of labour, he was finally born.

I don't know if I am willing to go through this again to be honest.
fleurthefrenchgirl
fleurthefrenchgirl

http://www.myspace.com/theworldaccordingtoreuben

Back to top Go down