Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Woven wrap sling

Go down

Woven wrap sling Empty Woven wrap sling

Post  Claire Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 am

I use 2 different types of sling, one of which is a woven wrap sling. Mine is an Ellaroo (http://www.ellaroo.com/pdf/Wrap_Instructions.pdf) but there are tons of different makes, really it all depends on which design you like best as that's pretty much the only difference between them. They come in different lengths, I got a 5 metre wrap because it's much more versatile - I wanted the ability to use it for lots of different carries, for an older and larger baby as Lily grows, and also my partner wanted to use it and he's quite a big bloke so it had to be long enough for him to use it too. There are a few carries, especially back carries, where it's too long, but extra fabric can always be wrapped round again or the ends tucked in.

This particular type of sling looks pretty daunting as it's just a long piece of fabric. I would never have bought this type for that exact reason had my midwife not brought hers round one visit and showed me how to use it. I loved it so much I went straight online and ordered one, along with a Mei Tai (which I've written another post on) which I thought might be quicker for just popping Lily in and out of if we were just pottering round the house. However the wrap is so easy to use that it's almost as easy to pop her in and out of that as it is with the Mei Tai. I popped her on my back yesterday to go peg the washing out in the garden and it took less than 2 minutes, and it was the first time I'd ever tried that particular carry. I reckon I'll be able to do it in less than half that time with a couple more practices.

The great thing about the wrap is it's versatility. There are so many different ways of carrying your baby that no matter what the occasion or mood of your baby there'll be a carry to suit. It's also great for older babies and toddlers - my midwife was a dedicated baby wearer, her little girl was 18 months old and she hadn't used a pushchair for her once! Also, once you get the hang of a couple of carries you can invent new ones yourself as you get a feel for where and how the wrap needs to be positioned to keep your baby secure.

I bought my wrap from http://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/ and you can find instructions and information on these and lots of different sling types from http://www.thebabywearer.com/.

Claire

Back to top Go down