Milky Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 98 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM IS READY
by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

» Baby Walker
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

» Dummies anyone?
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:09 am

» Cost of a baby by 1 year.
by Emma Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

» Wind solutions
by Cuckoo Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 am

Hi from Australia

+2
Admin
Smoz
6 posters

Go down

Hi from Australia Empty Hi from Australia

Post  Smoz Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 am

Hey just a quick intro

I'm Simone mum to Theo (3) and Tallon (5mnth) unfortunately only got to BF Theo for 4months before being pressure to wean but am going strong with Tallon and have 12months as our first goal (would love 2yrs!)

found this site on facebook and loved the name....need support and encouragement as many family and friends think 6months/teething is the deadline for BF'ing grrrr

cant wait to get to know you all better xoxo
Smoz
Smoz

Back to top Go down

Hi from Australia Empty Re: Hi from Australia

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 am

Hello Simone, and welcome to Milky Mums.

I know exactly what you mean about about pressure to wean. Carla is only 4 months and I already have people asking when I'm going to stop and they seem suprised when I tell them not in the near future.

You'll certainly get lots of encouragement on here.

xx
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://milkymums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 am

Hello & welcome!

Keep going! Two years is the recommended minimum time for breastfeeding.
Lucinda is 4 months and I can't imagine stopping yet. She can have it as long as she wants it!
Look forward to chatting.

Emma. x
Emma
Emma
Breastfeeding Peer Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome to the site Simone Smile

You stick to your guns and don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, or more to the point - stopping doing something you enjoy. Short of actually having my children in the first place, breastfeeding is the best, most wonderful thing I've ever done, nobody is making us quit before we're ready!

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoz Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks ladies!

i guess my biggest worry is that both my boys are slow to put on weight.....Tallon is in the lowest percentile....but he is happy and healthy...he was rolling both ways at 3 months and is VERY alert and happy and content....he sleeps 10hours at night but i still get him up during that time for a dream feed. people just dont take into consideration the fact that my husband is half asian therefore i wont have big kids. uggh i dunno sorry bad day have made an appointment to go talk to a Lactation Consultant and see what they say, we are happy but im just worried about his weight. he's reaching all the milestones and i demand feed so i dont see how i can do anything different
Smoz
Smoz

Back to top Go down

Hi from Australia Empty Welcome

Post  jillsherb Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 am

Hi there don't worry as J is six month old now and i'm still feeding and he still want's boobies and three meals a day he now 17lb 3oz i had a lot of problems at the beginning i got a blocked duct then got mastitis twice and nearly gave up in the first few week but now i'm so glad i didn't but while i was having these problems i tried to express but it was so painfull we gave him formula which he was allergic to so made me want to do it more.We found a cow and gate senstive bellies which he tolerates if he as to. I was also allergic to my breast pump which they had never seen before they thought it was thrush and it wouldn't go away with the treatment untill they found out my boobies weren't pleasent so hang in there. But persevervance and hard work at first as really paid off 's growing well and putting 4oz a week on so keep your chin up there allways support for you see your health visitor or midwife too don't struggle on your own.Without my health visitor i think i'd of given up. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jillsherb

Back to top Go down

Hi from Australia Empty Hey Ladies

Post  jillsherb Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 am

Stop worrying about giving up J started having baby rice before bed at about four and half month with my bm and by five three meals a day and still milk inbetween maybe three to five short feeds too so don't let people talk you into stopping so enjoy every minute and now he six month on Sun just gone i'm still giving him boobies as he doesn't seem to want water do as the little cherrubs want and whats best for them and they know what they want and he dropped the feeds he doesn't want so best to go with the flow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jillsherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 am

Don't worry about your babies being slow to gain weight. As long as they gain weight, no matter how slow it might seem, it is perfectly normal. Lucinda is a dainty little thing. About 11lbs at 4 months (will look it up to see what that is in kgs later!) but she's hovering around the 9th percentile. I'm not at all worried, she is just like me and my sister when we were babies and we were formula fed. We just happen to have slim babies in our family. She's still on course to double her birth weight at 6 months and treble in a year.
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:34 am

11lb is 5kg!
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Post  rockycat Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Aw, bless Lucinda! Beth is just over 11lb and she's only 8 weeks old! She's a real bloater, and has jowels (?) and a double chin!

All babies are so different regarding weight, aren't they? My friend exclusively bf her little boy and he was practically off the charts as he was overweight, according to the red book charts, and the health visitors were concerned about that. Now he's 4 and he's just a big, stocky boy. You can't win Neutral

Last edited by rockycat on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad typing!)
rockycat
rockycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm

I think baby weight is very deceptive. Most of Lucinda's friends of the same age are about 14 - 15lb but they don't look that much bigger. Chubbier but not really any taller. The other week at our BF group there was a 10 day old baby there. It was tiny - but apparently weighed 10lb! Lucinda was 9lb 13oz at the time and she was twice the size of it. So don't know how that works??
Emma
Emma

Back to top Go down

Hi from Australia Empty Hi Austraila and Emma

Post  jillsherb Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 pm

When Jake was born he was 7lb 3oz and putting a 1lb on every two week and i was worried he was gaining too much but he was perfect on the centile anyway he started slowing down at about 3 and half month and now he puts a pound on a month which is 4oz a week right in the middle of what they should be gaining now.I personally think they make such a big deal about babies weight as every one different as jake isn't fat he very long but my husband is 6ft. They seem to have growth spurts too do nothing but eat or don't at all and i worried he was eating too much or not enough at eight week Jake only weighed 10 14oz he was three week early too.Now Jake dropped just below the line but they say he healthy and well nothing to worry about so don't worry too much about it. Very Happy Very Happy

jillsherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum